Visiting Galveston

I visited Galveston for the first time yesterday. The apartment hunting for Z is commenced, and he needs to decide his next nest relatively soon before he heads off to Malaysia for an entire one month.

Going to Galveston took us just less than an hour with minor traffic. My GPS (aka Jack) helped us a lot to navigate there.

IMG_1269

It was generally a pleasant weather minus the stinky humidity. My make up came useless by the time we were exploring the second apartment. We also had a little exploration at the medical center, where he will be taking classes & doing clinical. I was already lost in directions but seemed like a cool place.

IMG_1268

{One of the apartments we looked at. The property seemed a little too old}

Galveston wasn’t exactly touristy, which I liked. It’s a long strand of island so the major roads are usually by  vast ocean line alongside at all times. The place wasn’t too pretty, but I liked the relaxing & the laid back atmosphere of the town. I can tell the town was still rebuilding from the Hurricane Ike few years ago.

IMG_1270

We were able to explore 4 apartments, but I think we will have to come back once more after the wedding in Lubbock to make a wiser decision. Most of the apartments looked very nice, though.

---

Today has been a lazy day for us. I slept in like most summer days. In the afternoon we watched the Hubble 3D on IMAX (the Hubble Telescope, you know?). The visual was absolutely mesmerizing & even overwhelming.

Just after 5 hours I have been awake, I went back to take a nap. So did Z. I’m about to do some laundry now. The boyfriend of mine has been playing computer game since the nap.

We are on the road (again) to Lubbock tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are ALWAYS welcome! :)