Call me obsessive, but I have been replaying this song too many times. This is my favorite tune I remembered from watching “Tangled” with my brother yesterday; it brought me smiles & tears, all that. (Yes, I did say tears). I confess: I am a 24 year old grad student who is still in love with Disney fairytales. I absolutely loved the modern twist of this story that incorporated a former pop star & a current TV star who can sing nicely (& not the usual Disney vocals). I thought it was brilliantly done & the actors were phenomenal.
Perhaps, the reason for my Disney obsession is due to the innocence of the love story & all the cheesiness involved (especially the whole guy saving a girl thing). Particularly in this movie, the male character was cute & funny.
Reason this tune stuck on my mind even now is because of the beautiful graphic involving lanterns & purity of the song. It is simply sweet & heartwarming.
PS- If you are a Disney fan, you need to watch this one. It’s worth your time & money.

I agree with you 100%. The scene with them in the boat and the 1000's of lanterns in the sky was my absolute favorite scene and I cried like a baby. I am older than you and a graduate student as well and the tears streamed down my face. I LOVE that movie as well. I need to own that one. I, too, thought the singing was AMAZING and very, very impressive.
ReplyDelete