Being smart (or not)

When this year became the 17th year of being a student, you realize certain things that work & not work toward studying.  After long years of having a short attention span like a fly, I came to a realization that I don’t always work well at home.  There’s the TV, the mighty computer & its internet, the kitchen, & many more.  Oh, I forgot about the bed, too.  In essence, there is simply too much distraction at your cozy home to remotely concentrate for half hour even.

That’s why I ended up staying till 8:30pm at my office [yes, my office] doing most of the school work.  No wonder my engineers students are always confused about my major.  Supposedly I display an engineering-kid kind of persona [I don’t really know about that]. I feel much better coming home knowing that I have gotten something done for the day.  That doesn’t necessarily mean I’m all happy because I am dreading the next two weeks of my life.  Diversity audit & CAS aren’t my favorite words right now [you don’t really need to know what that means]. 

IMG_3208

Tonight, I’m going to attempt sleeping before 1am, which I haven’t done in a very long time.  Hopefully tomorrow, I will feel refreshed (& less stressed) for another day.  To all grad students out there, hang in there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are ALWAYS welcome! :)