Thanksgiving 2014

It feels a little bit insane to think of how quickly time flies.  The last couple of months have been a little blur with work becoming increasingly demanding (in a good way) and taking care of the family (aka the doctor hubby and spoiled dog).  

I come home usually around 6:30pm and quickly moving onto making dinner, doing house chores, playing with the dog, cleaning up kitchen, catching up laundry, getting ready for the next day (i.e., packing Z's lunch, ironing his shirts, etc), and then before you know it, it's bed time. 

When Thanksgiving came around, I made a decision to see my parents in upstate New York regardless of Z's work schedules. It has been close to a year since seeing them, and it would have been upsetting for both my parents and I to not see each other at all this year.  Thankfully, my mother-in-law decided to come visit just around that time for two weeks, so I felt more comfortable leaving the hubby and dog behind for a few days. 





This made me laugh because our family's nighttime ritual has mirrors the modern society's love for technology in all facets of human interactions. :) 





My visit, while very short, was really fun and relaxing.  Who knew that traveling and spending the holiday without a dog and hubby can be so relieving? Sorry honey...  It felt like the old days of me just acting like a daughter, nothing else.  I didn't have any worries about feeding or taking care of others.  It was truly a quality time spent with family, which is something I didn't remember doing in a long time.  Also, I hadn't seen my dad being so happy the way he was during the holiday.  I mean, he is always happy to see me, but there must be something about not having to share my attention with another man  ;) 

By the time I was having way too much fun being "single", the reality settled in, which meant it was time to go back to my (another/real) home.  Loved seeing my hubby and our dog, who all missed me way too much.  And, there you have, my short and wild Thanksgiving trip to home.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are ALWAYS welcome! :)