Student of mine just no showed me...too bad I was already up and ready about to leave the house. I could've slept for an extra hour but since I am already up, I suppose I will blog my time away.
This week hasn't been the greatest yet. And I seriously hope rest of the week is far better. Along with four factors (blog before this) that I whined about, it may seem like I, after all, did not get the job I interviewed for. It is sometimes difficult to watch your classmate (who was also my fellow candidate) announcing her job offer after three days after the phone interview - and you're thinking, "they must've really liked her." Honestly, I am super happy that I made that far and experienced in a way that others have yet to receive these days. However, it's also interesting to discover myself with a greed that I have not imagined before. No, I'm not too upset, but I am indeed a little disappointed in myself. I keep thinking that I could've answered differently or I wish I was just a little smarter than I am now; or I wish they just liked me the way they did for her. Perhaps I was merely disappointed because I was so close; I personally liked that company a lot from what I've learned. But then, I did the best I can in that spur of the moment. Nevertheless, reality is harsh and the only thing you will gain from it is the experience and enable yourself to accept the truth. So I did. I accepted the truth last night, no matter how others continue their hope. Yes, some may think I jump into conclusion too quickly, and I might be - but it surely helps me move on to my next objective of life.
I continue my quest for job hunting but also gives me motivation to relaunch my attempt for graduate school - as you may have noticed, it was sort of in a pause mode when school work got a little too crazy. Things will get better, and there will always be opportunities out there for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are ALWAYS welcome! :)