Back to the past


On May 10th, I came back to my real home. The feeling was somewhat different than usual, heading back home with no sense of worries [especially getting school work done] was a pure enjoyment.

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into my room, though. I discovered a package from the familiar name, Mrs. Barton, who was my kindergarten teacher in early 1990s. When I opened up it was a beautiful graduation card with a check; that wasn’t really the big surprise.

My biggest surprise, in fact, was this little picture frame containing a picture of me and Mrs. Barton; my kindergarten year. It tear me up a little bit thinking that this was like 18 or 19 years ago…can you imagine that?! I met her in kindergarten not knowing any English. Now, I am an almost-college graduate moving on to graduate school.





I cannot believe she still had this picture. But knowing Mrs. Barton, she probably kept everything; even this picture that was taken almost two decades ago.

Life surely has its interesting moments, like when you are still in contact with her kindergarten teacher, who pretty much became your second mother and one became someone’s third daughter.

Life is filled with blessings. I was reassured on that day for sure.

1 comment:

Comments are ALWAYS welcome! :)