I get so mesmerized with certain kind of tunes sometimes. On this beautiful day, I enjoyed some wonderful music by Eric Whitacre. But today, I fell in love again with a beautiful choral piece called Seal Lullaby [also, by Eric Whitacre].
I couldn't find a good choral piece to share with you, but I found a pretty good piano + string quartet version of it. It is, however, much more meaningful when it's in a choral tune because of the texts. When I become a mom one day, this will be the song I will sing to him/her... that's how much I love this particular piece.
Isn't it so calming?
-The Seal Lullaby-
Oh! Hush thee, my baby, the night is behind us,
And black are the waters that sparkled so green.
The moon, o’er the combers, looks downward to find us,
At rest in the hollows that rustle between.
Where billow meets billow, then soft be thy pillow,
Oh weary wee flipperling, curl at thy ease!
The storm shall not wake thee, nor shark overtake thee,
Asleep in the arms of the slow swinging seas!
Rudyard Kipling, 1865-1936

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are ALWAYS welcome! :)