Most of our medical school friends are done with their residency interviews around this time. With all the interviews since October, clinical rotations, and life in general, we haven't hosted brunch in a long time. We love hosting brunch because we like to have our friends entertained and stay close with them. Z does most of the cooking and I do the cleaning afterwards, so our teamwork is quite perfect.
Since Z didn't get back home until late last night (and finally being DONE with all of his interviews), I did the groceries over the weekend and coordinated the get-together. Let's just say I bought lots of eggs and bacons, which would probably call for a heart attack at some point in our lives. We also like mimosa. :)
We invited most of our close friends from Z's medical school and some of my close friends who live in the area.
After everyone left, we went to Hermann Park for a nice walk. The weather today was BEAUTIFUL! I know my northeasterners friends (and families) will hate me while reading this, but I can't stop commenting about this time of the year in Houston because it will get really gross and humid before summer even gets here. Hermann Park was packed with families and dog lovers this evening. Lilly had a good hour of walk and was completely toasted at the end.
We had a pretty good weekend! I am completely spoiled by this week with MLK day (Martin Luther King Jr's) and Friday being unexpectedly off due to "inclement" weather. This week will definitely be tough with being a full and busy week. I definitely can't complain about my life, though - a great place that we call home, an adorable dog, wonderful friends, a steady job, and a loving husband who is my first love. :)










No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are ALWAYS welcome! :)